Home Forums Swimming Topics Getting into a swim groove earlier

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ttadmin ttadmin 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JD Wynand
    JD Wynand
    Participant

Hey Trainiacs!

I keep getting into the water and hating the first 200-300m. I’m rested, stretched, warmed up and ready to workout, but I can’t get into a groove. I keep breaking my stride, getting out of breath etc. What tends to happen is, I push on. i.e. Today. Got in the lake. It was glass and really the perfect day. After 300m I found my stroke and had my longest and fastest swim of the season. Great if I am swimming a 1500 (Oly) or 2000+(70.3). The dilemma is I’m getting ready for a sprint. Beyond that I don’t want to keep wasting the first few minutes of a race. I am going to work on my starts this week, and hope to work out the kinks, but any trainiac knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    JD

Profile photo of ttadmin
    ttadmin
    Keymaster

Are you able to get in the water for a warm up before your race? If so, get that 300m in before starting the race and use a warm up routine like this one I just posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcgHKG-MZsM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.